Rant Management

Tuesday, June 20, 2006

The World Cup
Man oh man, I frigging love the world cup it is so fantastic its unreal part of me is glad that it only happens every four years it would seriously take the gloss off of the event if it was any more. Pisses me off that Brazil are always the bleedin favourites, where do they breed these footballers from? Crazy, they cant all come from the beaches playing barefoot surely? Naturally im not going to rant about the world cup being on coz I love it, England though not playing particularly well are through to the next phase, spank the swedes tonight happy days! The french and the eyeties both could possibly fail at the first hurdle which would be beautiful and downright funny!
My rant is aimed at all the oldies and the people who dont like football, what the ferk is your problem, the world cup is on once every FOUR YEARS thats 1461 days, why oh why do you moan about your poxy soaps getting moved around throughout the day! Come on, the world cup is quite possibly the biggest global event to ever happen, its bigger than the olympics, ashes, wimbledon and Superbowl (chuckle chuckle) put together, even countries not competing show as many games as possible. SO WHY MOAN, in this day and age of digital TV if you dont like it switch over watch repeats of Eastenders on UK Gold you never know what you missed out on last time round!
It is after all only once every four years (I keep reiterating that) We are lucky this time round that its in Germany as all the games are on at sensible times and its been amazing to watch, the dirty argies actually played football, Spain are looking a top class outfit if a little vunerable at the back. I've managed to catch most of the games luckily the ones I have missed have been shite (Japan-Croatia, Iran-Mexico, in fact all four 0-0 draws I've missed, thats pretty clever) I've also been lucky to have an understanding girlfriend who despite hating football so long as she gets to watch Hollyoaks she understands!! See there you go, all you old people and football haters, switch over to Hollyoaks on Channel four, it has better storylines than the big four and lets be honest, fitter women
Enjoy the football..... COME ON ENGLAND

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Anyone that suggests Hollyoaks as entertainment because of the "fit women" is quite clearly a time waster. I'm sorry to disapoint you but football these days is nothing compared to what it was when I was a youngster, there is no team spirit left or respect. The bars are crowded with yobs that hog the bar, just another excuse for a booze up in my opinion. I for one am old and I no longer wish to watch football so yes we have a right to moan - perhaps when you reach my age you will understand this.

7:47 pm  
Blogger Spiller5 said...

Well as I said if you dont want to watch football, turn over! No point whining about it, its on and its happening here and now! Hey Wimbledon starts next week, TV Schedules are going to be well screwed up then! What will you do, you'll have to go out for walks and stuff, such a shame

11:29 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

No that will be fine, I'm a huge fan of Wimbledon so I'm looking forward to it but thanks for your suggestions.

3:11 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home