Rant Management

Wednesday, May 02, 2007

Liverpool


For the 2nd time in 3 seasons Liverpool have reached the Champions League final. This post is just for Raw Thoughts really!


RT, trust me, get your boy in on this bandwagon, the champions league final is the biggest club competition in the world, it involves the greatest teams in Europe all competing for "ole Big Ears"
Liverpool are the most successful British club in this competion and have won it 5 times and we are now gunning for a 6th - oh to be able to beat Man Utd in that!
Last nights game was a treat, beating Chelsea 4-1 on penalties was truly awesome, those that dont 'get' football wont really understand it but those that know about true passion and spirit will understand that yesterday was an awesome event and I couldnt be bloody happier this morning. Especially working with Chelsea fans! Come on you red men 23rd May in Athens, here we come!!!

5 Comments:

Blogger David said...

It does sound exciting!

My son scored two goals last week, so he's getting better and he's really getting into it now that he sees some results. He's has a long way to go of course.

I'm going to see if we can find the game on the satellite tv on the 23rd. If Liverpool wins I'll buy my son a shirt. :)

It is fun to be in the minority and have your team win. Especially when there is no doubt who has the best team. I hope you wore something to remind them of who beat them. :)

3:43 pm  
Blogger Spiller5 said...

As if I would do that......

Only my training top and home shirt which I used to decorate my workmates desk with

he threw my shirt in the bin ;-) cheeky bastard!

You defo need to hunt it out, hopefully it will be worth it! Fingers crossed

10:26 pm  
Blogger David said...

LOL, they're crossed :)

7:49 pm  
Blogger David said...

Sorry man, I think it was obvious that the best team on the field didn't make the shots when they had them. I guess even good teams could use some luck now and then. I really never saw Liverpool catch a break.

It was exciting and I enjoyed it. Some of the rules confused me a little (imagine that). Was the time still running at the end of the game when the AC Milan player pretended to be hurt and rolled around on the ground? I didn't get to watch it with sound so I probably missed a few things.

There's always next year :)

10:22 pm  
Blogger Spiller5 said...

RT - Sorry, I dont go online very often anymore have only just seen this comment (21st June I ask ya!!!)
Anyway, yes the time SHOULD have been stopped for that dirty bloody eyetie rolling around but the ref was rubbish and blew up early, was a poor, poor decision and me - as a newly qualified referee should know!

12:17 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home