Rant Management

Tuesday, February 27, 2007

Living the fat bastard dream.


Some of the news storys I have been reading recently I just cant quite believe, its not been a big week for the government and politics apart from the whole charging per mile issue that they have got going on but that’s not likely to be implemented for another 10 years, if ever, so I guess I have plenty of time to moan about that. It’s the whole freaky eaters thing that’s caught my attention. I just cant quite believe the state this country is getting itself into. Check this out I didnt watch the show as I dont have digital but I heard about it. These people just wont eat ANYTHING else apart from the ONE thing they are used to, imagine that, how the hell can you just eat one thing. It is only on episode two so I might try and find a way to watch some of the others but the one I know about is addicted to chips, this girl will only eat chips, chips and more chips! She is 20 years old, how can you live like that? Her mum was on the show and she was saying "I dont know what to do to stop her eating chips, its all she will eat"
Heres a hint:
STOP BUYING CHIPS, my god, how thick are you woman?? Stop buying chips and Im sure she will soon learn to eat something else, its not difficult is it. The whole programme centred around her addiction (obviously) and the fact that they were trying to wean her off chips and they said "At the end of the month you will go to a restaurant and order something without chips" OK, you might think, there is obviously a point to this programme and at the end of the show they take her to a restaurant, guess what she orders...... oh go on, guess..... yup, chips. Why take her to a restaurant where she CAN order chips in the first place? And the person that went with her when she ordered why didnt he go "NO you cant have chips" People are sooooo stupid!
You have to blame the parents in this, she was obviously fed a diet of a lot of crap when she was younger, including a lot of chips and this is going to kill her too young if she doesnt sort it out soon. Talking of blaming the parents the other story that has hit the headlines this week is this one an 8 year old lad weighs 14 stone (more than me) and might be taken into child care because his mother 'loves him to death' is the unfortunate turn of phrase that has been banded about. This lad quite literally eats and eats and eats..... and eats... you get the picture 14 stones though, you would have thought that somebody might have spotted this earlier? Like when he was 18 months and they had to buy 5 year olds clothes to fit in, you'd consider maybe not feeding him as much?
Why oh why are people so stupid? The lad clearly had a problem so take him to a doctor not wait until the poor mite is too fat to move without nearly collapsing from lack of breath, again the parents are totally at fault I quote his mother
"He refuses to eat fruit, vegetables and salads - he has processed foods.
"When Connor won't eat anything else, I've got to give him the foods he likes.
"I can't starve him."
YOU DOZY TART, wont eat fruit or veg?? He bloody will if it is the only thing in the house and he's that hungry. You will NEVER starve him by giving him fruit or veg, he is EIGHT years old not 30, if he refuses you simply give him a clip round the ear and tell him to go to his room or something, discipline worked wonders for me. Here's another thought, when he is sitting in your living room taking up the spaces of three young children spending 4 hours playing his computer game, turn it off and throw him outside to go for a walk, eventually that walk will turn into a jog, then a run and eventually this little fat bstard will lose some weight! It wont be done by some divine miracle, its done by simple logic. Stop feeding him so much shit and boom his weight will come down!
Although this doesnt upset me in a way that it will do some people, it shocks me that the nation is coming to this, these aren't the only cases of serious stupidity that happens in this country. I cant understand it at all, if I was a parent I would make my child eat proper healthy food, you dont take them to McDonalds for a treat, you take them to McDonalds if you want them to grow up into little fat lazy bastards. Take them instead to Subway for a treat. Use some sense world and grow up.

5 Comments:

Blogger Huw said...

I wanted to watch the show about that chubby little fellow so as to get a more informed opinion on it, but had to turn off after 10 minutes because it showed him eating; it made me feel quite sick. From what I did see, taking him into care seemed unnecessary: a treadmill powered TV might be the answer...

11:04 am  
Blogger Spiller5 said...

A treadmill powered TV - nice idea!! Or put the microwave up high and put a trampoline underneath it

11:50 am  
Blogger David said...

LOL, You've hit the nail on the head. Kids are just lazy and undisciplined these days. Parents are more interested in being their friends than being a parent. Which is a stupid way to go about it. Giving a child anything they want just to make them happy will ruin them.

I have learned, however, it's no easy task to get a small child to eat. My 6 and 4 year olds will skip meals if it isn't what they like. If I try to force them to eat it they can make themselves throw-up on cue. Not a good sight at the dinner table. If one sliver of green bean touches my sons mouth the gagging begins. Good parents do figure out ways to get them to eat better. A small piece of candy after dinner is a good incentive for eating carrots :)

7:40 pm  
Blogger Time Traveller said...

'tell him to go to his room or something ..' LOL! Seriously though WTF? When he got to 8,9,10 stone didn't alarm bells start ringing? That child disgusts me, the greed, the laziness, the sight of him, how can his mother stand him?

On the other hand how can she even be arsed to do all that shopping? I mean it must be every single day!

Shopping, carrying heavy bags, the expense, cooking crap food, constantly washing dirty plates, more shopping ARGH!

I don't remember seeing more than 2 fat children in my school, thats because everyone ran to school, they didn't get dropped off in SUVs, I can't remember school dinners being that healthy, we had chips and burgers too, but then we went to the playground afterwards, not sat around behind bike sheds playing on playstations and ipods.

They should ban any electronic devices in schools especially phones. WTF does a child need a phone for? Are they at school to learn or to text their mate sat behind them?

This has gone a bit off topic sorry.

9:28 am  
Blogger Spiller5 said...

No, its totally on topic, I agree Electronic gadgets should be handed in at the start of the day if you HAVE to take them to school, I never had school dinners always had sandwiches but I ran around loads so was never going to get fat.

Do you really think his mum cooks - it says it all in the article "Processed foods" thats basically all he eats, warm rubbery stuff, thats why he is fat!

10:47 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home