Rant Management

Thursday, March 08, 2007

OK, I'll get back to you soon.....
I need to rant, it’s been too long. I absolutely detest agencies, I am looking for a new job as my current company are making me redundant, when I first heard all I could think was “Bastards” but since then I have seen so many jobs in this area on much better money that I think its probably for the best, however that’s where the feel good vibe falls down for the moment, since I have been looking I have had agencies ring me about jobs in Portsmouth, Reading, Winchester, Woking, Guildford, Haslemere, Hindhead, Farnham, Aldershot, Godalming, Addlestone, Camberley, Farnborough, Slough, Staines, Bracknell, Basingstoke, Chichester – to name but a few.

Not just for any old two bit companies either, big companies, like Avaya, Marsh Insurance, British Car Auctions, Touchpaper. I even had one company ring me about a job going at Allianz Cornhill – he obviously didn’t read my CV coz I left there as they are a right bunch of tossers.

And that’s what really gets my goat, the agencies are just so plain bloody stupid – why can no agency think for themselves. I was security cleared in 1999, that’s 8 years ago, it expires every single year. One agency rung up and asked if I was still cleared, I obviously said no and HE told ME to remove it from my CV???? WTF If you had read my CV you fucking idiot you would clearly know that I am no longer security cleared. Why do they find it so impossible to read a CV it has all your details on and then they ring you up, have a 20 minute conversation about what you have been up to and THEN they say OK I’ll be in touch if anything comes up!! WHAT, What a waste of my time you twat, grrrrrrrrrrrrrr, I’ve got so annoyed with them that I am half giving up answering the phone – if its important enough they will leave a message, sure enough I’m getting left messages, one guy yesterday called me about a job in Farnham, I like Farnham it’s a great location for me so I call him back – not there, call him again after “lunch” unavailable, left my number. I emailed him this morning – still no response TOSSER, all I want is a little bit of info, let me be the one who decides yes or no.

What happened to the days when you could just walk into a company and say “Look here’s my CV, throw it at your IT bods let me know what they think” they’d ring you, offer you a nice salary and Bobs your mums brother.

I had a telephone interview yesterday, woman rings me up, gives me her name, we have a brief chat, she asked if I had heard about her company, I said yes, had the briefest of brief conversations and in about 1 minute and 20 seconds she says “Yep, that’s all I needed, I like the sound of your voice I’d like to see you for a face to face interview” WHAT THE HELL WAS THE POINT IN THAT, my CV states that I have been on customer focused servicedesks for TEN YEARS its pretty bloody obvious that I can talk on the phone and no offence lady but two of the companies on my CV are much bigger than the one you work for.

So they offer me an interview, good stuff!!! 3pm on a Tuesday afternoon, I’m sorry, do you not think I have any other work to be doing? I don’t know, like my day to day job? I can’t just get up and walk out when I feel like it! For fuck sake, why don’t they ever come back with sensible times? I have a good mind to just tell them to go and fuck it and hang back waiting for the potential other jobs that I have in the pipeline.

I suppose the good thing about that though is that I have heard back, at least that makes a nice change, why do agencies always “just forget” you? I had a possible opportunity at Avaya, I work right next door to them at the moment so would be perfect for me – have I heard back from the agency? Have I bollocks! Once I find a new job I am going to email all the useless agencies that I know off something like

“Thankyou for finding the perfect job for me, unfortunately due to your obvious lack of communication skills hell froze over and I had to take another role that was offered to me. I feel that you have let your agency down as I could have created a lot of money for you, as here I am sat on a beach in Bermuda typing away on my work based laptop earning my current company thousands of pounds because I am so fucking good at my job – and there you are, in a poxy little office struggling to undo your tie because you are feeling the heat from not contacting me when you had the chance, you useless pile of crap.

Yours truly, Paul”

6 Comments:

Blogger Freak said...

HA HA - they cant be bothered to read your CV because they are lazy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Today I had to call EGG credit cards - when I got through to the operator she said - "can you confirm your name" So I did, and she said "Lindsay - is it ok to call you that" - ER What do you think you thick idiot?? After all that is MY NAME??????

These people get worse!

6:36 pm  
Blogger Spiller5 said...

You should have said "No, can you please call me princess conswala banana hammock"

7:41 pm  
Blogger David said...

Linsay I would have asked her what other name she had in mind?:)

I went through a McDonalds drive thru and the lady asked me over the speaker if it was for here or to go? I was sitting in my car mind you. People, please!

9:18 pm  
Blogger Time Traveller said...

When they ask if they can have my name I say 'No it's mine'. :)

agencies are rubbish, some of them are ust phoning so they can try and place someone in your current position.

Have you tried jobserve.com?

When they phone ask the following questions:

1. Where is the job.
2. What does it pay.
3. What company is it.
4. describe te job.

If they can't do that, then they clearly wasting your time.

I still get calls about jobs in Manchester paying graduate salaries.

10:32 am  
Blogger Spiller5 said...

An update then:
At the moment it is going "well" had two good interviews today one not so good yesterday but all three have strong potential to go further. One I really want was today and seemed to be a great interview.

20S, yep Jobserve is where I always go but funnily enough two of the interviews I have had I was hunted for which makes a change! And yes straight away I knew the companies, thats an insistance now! I can be doing with pissing about with people, get tough is my new motto!

9:21 pm  
Blogger Time Traveller said...

yeah don't take no shit from recruitment agents. Scum of the earth. be polite and respectful but let them know you're not a mug.

3:03 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home