Rant Management

Tuesday, July 11, 2006

TV Licence - why bother?

Following on from my rant about petrol and taxes being sky high we are also massivly charged to watch the goggle box in this country of ours and now the beeb want to hike the price - im trying to work out why? What quality programming have we been subjected to in recent years that subjects a rise to £200 a year. Let me tell you.

Driving school, Airline, Big Brother, Celebrity love island, Survivor, X-Factor, Pop Idol, Im a celeb, wife swap, strictly come dancing, dance fever, strictly ice dancing, the farm, the contender, the apprentice, shipwrecked, back to reality, celeb FAT club, jailbreak, space cadets,

All of these are "reality" shows and all of these are basically a load of shit, out of these I think we can say that Shayne Ward & Will Young will have sustained success in the world but what the hell is the point in the rest of them? They are all car crash TV and they are all shit and I have to pay a licence fee for this crap. Throw this lot in with all the gardening/diy and property programmes which off the top of my head I can name:

city gardener, location/location/location, diy SOS, changing rooms, groundforce, property ladder, with a little help, under the hammer, house invaders, garden invaders, charlies garden,

with this lot we aint left with much TV to tune into, the Beeb hit a good spot with lots of people about Doctor Who but its not my cup of tea, never has been to be fair. I dont watch Eastenders as I would rather slice my wrists to see if i would have more amusement admittedly they produced one decent drama this year "Life on mars" but I dont think that one good drama in seven months of programming warrents my licence fee. Things I have liked watching this year have been Hollyoaks, lost, sugar rush, Desperate Housewifes (to a degree), shameless, ER, Friends, Simpsons - are you getting the similarity yet? All of these programmes are on C4, yup, everyone of them, C4 spoil us really OK they go ott with big brother but the rest of the year is fine TV and I find myself never watching the beeb, in fact if channel four has nothing on I usually flick to the bill, so WHY should I pay a TV licence for what is some pretty rubbish tele. Plus the fact that Jonathon Ross now earns 18 million on his new contract, Chris Moyles picks up £630,000 a year, for three hours work a day!!! Thats a disgrace and that is where my licence fee is going? Here is my theory stop paying these prima donnas so much fucking money and produce some quality TV programmes instead?
Simple really aint it.

2 Comments:

Blogger Time Traveller said...

I love life on mars! whens it back? I got a free view box recently well worth it. y the way I agree with you about the TV licence fee, but the tv license fee only funds BBC channels not Channel 4 ITV etc.

Hollyoaks rocks. I will never admit this to my friends.

3:52 pm  
Blogger Time Traveller said...

reply to msg left on my blog:

ah yes you are right of course, i think my brain had chosen to forget about that dross. :) sorry.

Yesh jonathon ross gets paid a shed load of money but at least his show is funny to watch not that most of us are in on Fridays anyway. His show is on Fridays right? yeah he doesn't need that much money and we are paying for it and it's annoying but at least he's getting paid that amount for the ratings. But what about the Beeb fat cats? They get paid an obscene amount of money when some ridiculous amount of beeb minions got made redundant and the fat cats got pay rises! even though the quality of the beeb shows have not improved for at least ten years!

12:08 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home