Rant Management

Thursday, November 16, 2006

Something I just had to put on here.

Its not a rant its just I watched "My new face" on channel four last night and it was hugely fascinating, basically its a charity (Facingtheworld) which helps out hugely disfigured children from the poorer parts of the world. Check out the website to understand where im going with this as I cant be bothered to post lots of pictures!!!
Some of the pictures are quite shocking but there are people out there who are helping, namely these two surgeons! Just read about it and be amazed, one kid last night "Ney Kit" literally had his face peeled back like an orange so that they could get at the tumour inside his cheek and then used bone from his skull to repair a whole in his cheek! It was amazing to watch (gross, but amazing) and was pioneering surgery.
Its amazing that we have the technology to do this sort of thing in the world now 100 years ago these kids would have been left to die an early death but thanks to this charity they have a chance of a life, it wont be 100% normal in the case of some, I'm thinking of Arianto, but at least his tumor is no longer growing!
Im guessing my rant is aimed loosely at those druggies from my previous post, scoring £4000 out of taxpayers pockets and what will they do with it? Spend it on more drugs probably, they wont give a shit about charities like this, I admit that im not the greatest when it comes to giving to charities and yes I should help more thats for certain, I know that and yes I do feel guilty about it but what pisses me off is that there are people out there in this world of ours earning hundreds of thousands of pounds a week (footballers) who although might do the odd thing every now and then they earn crazy amounts of money but care more about their latest sponsorship deal rather than helping out people like these surgeons.

Why is it always the "normal" people that care? A case in point Michael Shields is a wrongly convicted man currently holed up in a Belgian jail for a crime he didnt commit. His family needed to raise £90,000 to bring him to England so he could at least serve his time in an English prison (bare in mind he is innocent!!) He is a liverpool fan, and Liverpool have done lots to help the cause, Paul McCartney (yes the Paul McCartney) said that he would have a charity concert to help raise funds - stop right there - Lets say it was on my doorstep and I went to it, £30 for a ticket now doubt, then god knows how much for food and drink. Then I would have felt obliged to put a tenner in the bucket for the cause. All well and good, everyone who does that at the concert and he's a free man. Now think about it Paul McCartney is worth 800MILLION pounds. What is £90,000 to him? A days interest? Why go to the fuss of having a concert when he could just dip into his own wealth and pay for Michael to come out?

My point is that although I dont do it much, im going to start trying to give more and I think others in the world should follow suit - especially you Mr McCartney you greedy shit.

2 Comments:

Blogger Freak said...

Yes agreed. It's only normal every day to day people that care because we don't have our heads stuck up our backsides. We are able to look at the bigger picutre.

Thats why I have NEVER had the desire to be famous because the majority of famous people suck and yes, they are over-greedy. Youngsters look up to madonna, kylie, whoever! for all the wrong reasons - people like Beyonze or dumb ass no goods like Jessica Simpson, bloody Paris Hilton who don't have a clue and couldn't give a f*ck about people that suffer.

The world is without doubt a greedy place and there are not enough people that care enough to strike up an even balance.

We could all do more - but not enough people willing to participate so the world stays as it is. A mess.

3:23 pm  
Blogger Time Traveller said...

ah so annoying! I just wrote a big reply, but then it wouldn't let me login with my normal account, it told me to login with my gmail account, which I did then it lost my post. Grrr.

Anyway, I was going to say, at least there are the likes of Brad Pitt and Jolie around. I don't know how much they do for publicity but they seem to be genuine anyway. They didn't even go to that freaky midget man's wedding (Tom Cruise) because they were in India building huts (yes apparently Brad Pitt actually spent all day building stuff).

As for Paul McCartney, yes he could give away one days interest to that Liverpudlian man, but then that would be too easy. Again by doing this concert he raises awareness and focuses media attention on the injustice. I'm sure a months worth of Paul's time (1 month I'm guessing to organise and promote the concert) is worth more than £90k, so I think he's not being a scrooge by not simply handling over a cheque. Also I bet he needs something to do to take his mind off that weirdo psycho wife of his.

11:32 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home