Rant Management

Tuesday, October 03, 2006

Money, Money, Money
Its so funny.......
We are not in a rich mans world, nothing like it, yeh most of us happily get by but there are millions of people in this country alone in crazy amounts of debt, there is a pretty good reason, yep, bad money management is the obvious answer but sometimes you just have to juggle, I juggle money every single month to keep my head above water, I know that it will come good in the end but as a country we are taxed to the hilt on everything.
Council Tax for my one bed flat is stupidly high, I dont agree that I should be paying £888 a year (after 25% discount) to have my bin emptied once a week? Thats just mental! Just in my postcode alone if we were all paying that amount (which we're not, some are paying higher) then that would be over 70 thousand a year! Councils make crazy money and I think it needs to be looked at.
Its not just that though, petrol, alcohol, cigerettes, wages, clothes, every single thing you buy is taxed massivly and it pisses me off but amazingly thats not my rant, its people who say they have no money and then do something stupid with what little money they have? That fucks me off something rotten.
Im not talking about my girlfriend either! With what little money she gets from her student loan she copes brilliantly well with being able to juggle it and I commend her for that, I wouldnt be able to do it thats for sure! Alright she borrows some from me if she gets really stuck but its getting rarer and rarer.
Whats really annoying me right now is that one person on my football team, if he ever read this he'd know I was talking about him, he has a steady job but the pay is shit something stupid like 12k a year, he had the opportunity to earn up to 37k a year but turned it down because he would have to work 7-7 each day! He has a young family to support but would rather go out and spend what money he has on beer, anyway, I digress, he is pissing me off, he keeps emailing me and texting me telling me that he cant afford training money for the next three months, its £12 thats £1 a week ONE POUND how easy is that to pay? Yet he is saying he cannot afford it WANKER I dont believe you and the reason I dont believe him is because on the forum we have a post about an end of season trip abroad. This has become an annual thing with my football team, it costs about £150+ I cant afford that sort of money and dont want to spend four days lagered up with hormone driven males, its not my thing anymore, i've grown up, so obviously this player, with no money for training couldnt afford it could he?
Of course he can..... yep, he'll find the money TOSSER and not only that but HE is moaning at ME for saying that I cant afford to go?? "Oh its only £20 a month if you save now" JESUS, well if you can afford that you can afford my training money I pay that out of MY OWN POCKET for this friggin football team. The reason I do it is because I know that we need training, I certainly do the form im in at the moment but I do it as its vital I feel for a team to train. Everyone else pays me on time everytime its just him so I feel like I should cancel training just because of him and thats not fair! But the next bill is going to be bigger (about £17) and I know he will make up yet more shitty excuses, that will be it then though coz I wont be able to afford it anymore. TWAT, TWAT, TWAT, TWAT, TWAT
ah, that feels better...........................

12 Comments:

Blogger Time Traveller said...

i know people like that, well people who piss their money away anyway. This guy i know was on about 28k in Maidenhead, he quit his job because the compnay wasnt right, more like you couldn't be arsed with the hours. he's now back on somwhere in the region of 18k odd which in Reading isn't good seeing as the rent is so high. he's constantly moving house and changing jobs because of his money situation. So he's always down. Bringing us down.

read the bit about 'friends who have no money'

http://twentysomethingnowwhat.blogspot.com/2006_05_01_twentysomethingnowwhat_archive.html

Tight people and stupid people piss me off. I had a poker night the other Friday, I spent all day organsing the flat and made food for everyone. 4 people out of 4 turned up without any beer. Not even any for themselves. Then one of them wanted to play for a £5 stake. and wouldn't let anyone else buy in a higher stake saying it wold put him at a disadvantage. what a cock. I'm rambling.

Can you tell the team to:

a. pay the subs by standing order
b. people who have not payed up can not play matches.

Not being played should give him a kick up the jacksy :)

1:23 pm  
Blogger Time Traveller said...

its even more annoying when you have family who treat you like their favoured bank.

My sister (graduated 5 years ago, unemployed for the last 1.5 years) one day decided that she wants to buy a Sony Vaio. Not just any old laptop but a Vaio. But of course she can't afford it, so guess what, she thinks she can pay my rent late. (she rents a room in my house) she phones up at least twice a year wanting to borrow £400-500. She's 27! I told her last time that if she wanted to borrow £500 she would have to pay £510 back. Just so she knows she has to pay it's not just a free loan whenever she wants.

Did she pay the extra £10 did she heck.

1:27 pm  
Blogger Freak said...

well I think you know my thoughts on this. I think you should quit the football team - it is clear that the majority of them are a bunch of wasters - i.e "Mr I would rather spend the money on myself because i'm selfish" - he always will be a dick because he is a self centered little twat.

You should stand up to him more, if I was you I would simply tell him - "You either pay the money or get the hell out of the team" It's not hard? It's obvious he doesn't care about the training or the football - if he cared that much he would pay.

But I really do feel you let people take the piss out of you way too much. I do like some of the people in that team - but you have a weak football manager who doesn't know what the hell he is doing - you can do better than that so just quit - move on! it's about time!!!!!

1:46 pm  
Blogger Time Traveller said...

so which ones you? :)
http://www.aldershotwanderers.co.uk/aldershotwanderers/

1:53 pm  
Blogger Spiller5 said...

When will you learn!! Being in a team isnt about individuals! The problem is, is that he thinks it is!!!

The rules are "No pay, no play" and im going to make sure that its enforced but even so, I still dont think he is going to pay and I just dont get it!! And half the team arent wasters! I dont know where you get that from - the majority are on a good wage, earning a good living and doing things to the best of their ability and I applaud them for that.
Him I dont!!!

1:54 pm  
Blogger Spiller5 said...

20 something - surname Spiller, I'd say its obvious!!!

1:55 pm  
Blogger Freak said...

Well there are a few I could mention that are wasters - and we both know who they are so you cant deny that!!!!

Yeah you might have some goodens but you have some baddens too. Your still not being hard enough - if the manager was any good then he would sort it out wouldnt he???

OF COURSE he will continue to NOT pay because he knows he can walk over people like you!!!!!

2:11 pm  
Blogger Time Traveller said...

the photo only has the first names :)

http://www.aldershotwanderers.co.uk/aldershotwanderers/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=299&Itemid=93

:| someones taking a pee on the curtain?!

2:13 pm  
Blogger Spiller5 said...

ah! Your talking about the main photo on the front page - ok im about fourth/fifth from the right (on the left shoulder of the black guy) Paul - plus you can find me through the "meet the team" thingy and yes, its possible that Bilson was peeing on the curtain, he was that drunk....

He wont walk over me, theres a new hard Paul coming out, im taking no shit this year! Its already started! Im preparing to kick arse!!

2:21 pm  
Blogger Time Traveller said...

found you, you look nothing like i imagined.

Dont change to much, we still need nice people. :)

2:37 pm  
Blogger Spiller5 said...

i hope that i was better than you imagined - I would have hated to disappoint!!!

Im not going to change to much, i'll still be nice to the ones I love, just a bastard to the team!!!

2:45 pm  
Blogger Time Traveller said...

ha! i bought out the vain in you! yeah better :), i thought you'd be shorter for some reason. I didn't imagine the goatee.

sounds like the team need a strong leader. Heck every team needs a strong leader.

3:54 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home