Rant Management

Monday, October 09, 2006

I never thought I would say this......
But there is a part of me that is SOOOOOOO glad that my football team lost yesterday! Hampshire Cup (which is a big cup in Sunday League terms) and my team lost to a bunch of ewoks, Oompa Loompas and Munchkins (yep they were all below 4ft) such a small team and they were rubbish, they couldnt keep hold of the ball and they only had about 5 shots on goal (and scored all 5) now some members of my team dont deserve to lose, Bilson, James, Liam, Graham, Azza, Vik and Andy who I get on with really well, the others are a bit mix and match sometimes I will, sometimes I wont but yesterday I got dropped for no real reason. Basically our manager wasnt there and the guy who had taken charge said right at the start "Those that went to training im going to start with and as there were only 7 im going to fill the gaps with the rest of you"
Not only do I go to training every week, I organise and pay for it - I was at training on Tuesday so despite what he said I didnt play? I didnt even get on as a sub? Where is the logic? That pissed me off something rotten and I couldnt help but smile when the fourth goal went in because they were playing like headless chickens and they had no clue and the really good thing about it was that I wasnt on the pitch so they couldnt blame me for the childish stupid mistakes that they were making, sweet, sweet justice I think. The weak link in the back line was exposed yesterday as Will, mainly because Ben had such an awesome game and it showed Will up something chronic yet Will is one of only 3 players to play 90 minutes in every game so far!! I cant help but think that he needs to be 'rotated' just for one game to see how well we do without him - I wait and see if it happens, in the meantime, although very pissed off still, im going to smile all week about what I feel could be a massive turning point in our season I just hope others will begin to see what i've been saying for weeks!
Why im not a football manager I dont know i'd have sorted these little problems out long ago.....

1 Comments:

Blogger Time Traveller said...

How annoying! People who turned up to practice last get a game but the person who deals with all the finance shit doesn't get played?!

Oh the politics. I recently became manager of my Pool team. We're ok at the moment, but I know it's going to become political when I get more than the number of people needed in the team. People will get annoyed because they don't get played because they're good, other people will get annoyed that they don't get played because they're not so good but have turned up to all the practice sessions. What to do?!

11:30 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home